Sunday evenings are real tough time for me realizing that its ending and standing Next is the boring Monday morning . To overcome such heavy thoughts i usually rush to my kitchen to prepare an amazing dinner that would leave me with a good feeling until next day. What could be a better idea of ending your weekend eating finger licking and mouth watering Chicken pizza. Its extremely easy to prepare and tastes like heaven. Thanks to my hubby because without him saying" Nah!!! " for dinner at some utterly boring pizza restaurant that night i would have never discovered this Dish.
Here's sharing you the Recipe:
Serves- 3 Medium size Pizza
Preparation- 30 minutes
Cooking time- 3 to 5 minutes for each Pizza
Level of difficulty- Easy
For the pizza base
- All purpose flour or pizza flour- 300gms.
- Olive oil- 2 Tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- sugar- 1 Tsp
- Fresh yeast or any yeast- 1 to 2 Tsp
- Luke warm water- 200 ml
For the pizza sauce
- Chicken minced- 300 gms
- Garlic cloves- 10
- Onion- 1 large size, chopped
- Tomato puree- 100gms
- Tomato - 4 medium size , chopped
- Freshly crushed pepper and oregano
- Paprika powder- 1 Tsp
- Curry powder- 1Tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Olive oil- 2Tbsp
- Mozerrela cheese
Pizza base preparation
- Bring together flour, salt, sugar, oil and fresh yeast or(in case you are using granules yeast, place them in the luke warm water and let them dissolve, use the same water to knead the dough).
- Now with the help of Luke warm water knead the dough.
- cover the dough with a wet towel and let this dough rise for 15 minutes.
Pizza sauce preparation
- Take 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan place the minced garlic. Now turn on the heat , once the garlic starts turning translucent add the onions and fry until translucent.
- Now add the chicken and salt fry until chicken is cooked. Add the curry powder, tomato puree and tomatoes. Fry until tomatoes are cooked.
- Once done adjust salt. Add the oregano and paprika give it a quick stir and turn off the heat.
Your Pizza sauce is ready now.
- By this time your pizza dough would be ready. Knock the dough and then take handfull of it. Dust it with flour and roll it flat in round shape. Quickly run a fork through out, making some marks here and there over the surface of the pizza base.
- Heat a tawa or pan, Place the base and wait until just little brown spot hits one side, flip and just heat the other side for 10 seconds. Take out of the pan.
- Preheat the oven at 220C and turn on the broilers or the grills.
- Grease each pizza base with olive oil before applying the pizza sauce.
- Place the mozerella cheese all over the sauce.
- Grease the baking tray with some olive oil and place the pizza on them
- Bake the pizza until the cheese are done. Take out and season with some pizza spices.
By- Sushmita pandit
I have customized this Recipe. Original Recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor's cook book.