The khandvi is an awesome steamed food, Absolutely delicious and extremely Healthy. This Gujrati recipie is now one of the world wide famous dish and is being served in Cocktail partys where people are just loving it.
By: Sushmita Pandit
However the preparation of Khandvi needs whole lot of Patience and hell Lot of Strength.
Am writing this for those for whom the above two barriers are way far to be considered when it comes to making an Exceptional dish.
And Obama Wins the Election once again, Congratulations to America for successfully electing its President.
One more thing about Khandvi, babies will be loving it too, just like My baby Darsh do.
- Chick Pea Flour - 2 Cups
- Yogurt- 2.5 cups
- Water - 6 to 7 cups
- Salt as per taste
- Ginger Chilli paste - 2 Tbs
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies
- Curry leaves
- Grated coconut
- Mix all the ingredients in a Bowl and beat them well so as to ensure the batter is lump Free
- Once the batter is ready heat a kadhai
- Pour the batter, keep the flame medium to low
- Keep on stirring until the batter thickens to a paste
- To check wheather the batter is ready , make a thin layer of rectangle over the Aluminium foil, let it cool of, try to peel the layer off from the Foil, if you are able , your batter is ready.
- In a table spread the Aluminium foil and grease it with oil
- Spread the hot batter as quickly as possible over the foil, repeat until you are done with the whole batter. let all the layers cool off for 5 minutes,
- Take a knife and start cutting 1 inch long strips over the layers. gently peel and roll them as seen in the picture. Repeat with all.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan
- Add the mustard and cumin seeds, wait for them to splutter
- add the chillies and curry leaves
- pour this evenly on all over the rolled khandvis with them help of spoon.
- Finally spred some grated coconut over the khandvis
voila!!! Khandvi is now Ready to be served.
Enjoy and Happy Cooking :-)
By: Sushmita Pandit