Vegetable cutlet/vegetable Chop is the mouth watering Dish. When i was small ,my father use to get it from a restaurant, since it was one of my favorite snack so, i used to eat it with all heart and soul. Its healthy as it contains boiled vegetables and also lots of other micro nutrients.
They are so many versions of it. In some parts of India we get the very flat type with bhujia as the topping over it. In area nearby areas of west Bengal,they will put peanuts, cashew nuts with a thin layer of bread crumbs, all rolled up..and many more versions. The one that i am going to share is the type prepared in West Bengal area.
- Boiled potatoes- 2 large in size
- Boiled Beet root- 1 medium in size
- Carrots- 2 large in size
- All purpose flour
- Ginger garlic paste
- Peanuts and cashewnuts - Roasted
- Salt as per taste
- Green chillies
- Onion- 1 medium in size(finely chopped)
- Bread crumbs
Method of Preparation:
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan.
- if you do not have roasted cashew nuts or peanuts, you can roast them now.
- After the nuts have been roasted , add green chilies and onion. Saute it for some time.
- Add garlic-ginger paste,fry until the raw smell is over.
- Now add all the vegetables and fry. Mash them,add salt.
- Turn off the heat.
Preparation for frying the chops.
- Now prepare small balls out of the vegetable mixture.
- make a thin paste of all purpose flour and add salt to it.
- Dip the ball in the flour for a thin coating.
- Immediately roll the ball over the bread crumbs.
- Now deep fry them until golden color appears
Your Vegetable chop/Cutlet is ready to be served. Serve it with some chutney or sauce.
By: Sushmita Pandit