Nothing fancy was the idea, rather to create something from the locally available supermarket would best save the time. All that boring soup can be elevated to an interesting dish with few magic tricks. check out the magic.
Preparation time - 10 mins
Cooking time - 25 mins.
Serves - 4 Bowls
- Potato - 2 (Large), cubed
- Onion - 1 (Large), cubed
- Celery root - 150 gm , cubed (optional but adds to the taste)
- Leek - 1 stem, sliced (optional but adds to the taste)
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Green chilli - 1(Optional), chopped
- Red Lentil(Masoor daal ) - Handful
- Carrot - 1 small, cubed
- Pepper cons- 1 tsp
- Crushed pepper - 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Dash of oil.
- Water - 2 to 3 cups
- Cilantro/coriander leaves for garnishing (optional but adds to the taste)
- Add a dash of oil in a cooking pot on medium to high heat
- Add chopped potatoes, onion, celery,leek,garlic,carrot and stir fry for a minute or two.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of water such that you cover the vegetables in the pot.
- Add pepper cons and salt to taste.
- Cover and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the handful of lentils in the pot.
- cover and cook until lentil is done.(It takes roughly 10 mins)
- Once lentils are cooked. Turn off the heat.
- Take a hand blender(if you have no time) and blend the mixture into a fine puree. Else let the pot cool down and then blend it with a blender or Mixer grinder. Reheat the puree.You can adjust the thickness by adding hot water.
- Check for salt and add in the dash of pepper.
Garnish your soup with cilantro or coriander leaves. Serve hot with Bread of your choice.
Enjoy your time .
Stay warm and happy cooking. :-)
Recipe and Photographs by - Sushmita Pandit.