Like me i know lots of u love Prawn. Its exceptional taste is what always draws my mind. In india i made a curry with the indigenous spices found in our land. This time i tried to experiment with the Paparika , pepper and the small size prawns and the results were just awesome.
I have heard that in Orissa we do get the Mouth watering Prawn chops, But to my hard luck i never got to taste any and that too after staying there for such a long span. Anyways if someone has the recipe of Prawn Chops please let me know, am dying to try them out.
Lets come back to the prawn chilly and note its ingredients:
- Prawn washed and dried 150gms
- corn flour - 1 Tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- oil for cooking
- Onions - 1large diced into cubes
- Pepper - 1 large diced into cubes
- Garlic - 10 cloves chopped
- Ginger - 1/4 inch chopped
- Green chilly -3 chopped or slitted
- Soya sauce
- Tomato sauce
- oyster sauce
- BellPepper finally crushed
- Spring Onions/Green onions
- Coriander leaves - finally shredded
- Cumin seeds
- Dust the prawn with corn flour and salt
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a skillet
- Fry the dusted prawn until there colour turns orange.
- Take them out in paper towel
- In the same skillet add 1 more TSP of oil
- add cumin seeds, and let them splutter
- Add green chillies
- Add garlic and ginger dont fry for long just toss them
- Add the onions, fry until they are soft if you are using white onion, otherwise just toss them for 1/2 minutes
- Also add the bulbs of spring onion
- Time to add the Bell pepper, fry until soft
- Add salt as per taste
- By the time this vegetables gets cooked we can prepare the sauce solution(2TbSP tomato sauce+1 TbSP soya sauce +1TbSP oyster sauce+ 2 TbSP water) Mix well.
- Add the prawns and the sauce solution, mix them well. cover and cook for 1 min
- Take 1tsp of corn starch and mix it with 90ml of water.
- Add this solution to make the gravy
- Adjust the gravy by adding water
- Once you get the desired consistency of the gravy , turn off the heat
- Add 1 Tbsp of crushed pepper
- sprinkle coriander and green onion.
The prawn chilly is ready to be served. Serve it hot as snack or with white rice.
Enjoy and Happy cooking :-)
Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Wahsushkitchenblogspotin
By: Sushmita Pandit