Shrikhand delight, a delicacy of Maharastra(India) is an eye soothing and mouth watering Dish. This sweet dish is prepared by incorporating so many dry fruits. Its my husband's favorite dessert. The recipe that am demonstrating here is a very simple one. You can always customize this recipe the way you wish.
Preparation- 5 minutes
- Hung Curd/ Strained yogurt- 250 gms . The one i used is the Ready made hung curd called as speise quark (Readily available in Germany).
- Cardamom- 1 Tsp, Crushed
- Sugar- 2 Tbsp
- Saffron strings- 1/2 Tsp
- Water- 1 Tbsp
- Cashewnuts - 8 nuts, chopped.
- Hung curd or strained yogurt are easily available in the market these days. In case you wish to prepare it at home, you can simply strain the curd over a muslin curd, and leave it overnight to thicken under refrigeration .
- To the hung curd, add the sugar , crushed Cardamom and give it a gentle blend with a spoon.
- Now add the saffron string to the water, and you can gently crush this in a mortar.
- Add the crushed saffron along with the water to the curd. Mix well .
- For garnishing you can add cashew nuts to this or any dry fruit of your choice.
The Shrikhand delight is ready to be served, serve it cold or mild cold, it tastes awesome anyways.
Enjoy and keep cooking :)
By- Sushmita Pandit