Chinese cuisines are remarkable. It has marked its place more as a street food not only in India but across the globe. The taste ,simplicity and ease with which it can be prepared is what i guess has made it popular and widespread as well. Am in Germany and whenever i enter a famous mall at my place i see like most of the people with packets of noodles strolling all the way. This is just a snapshot of the popularity of Chinese cuisine.
On the streets of India it is not only noodles that are popular but Manchurian and Chilly items are popular as well. The famous among all is the Hakka noodles. The Indian street vendors often customize the recipe to suit Indian pallets . I am a big fan of all the Chinese cuisine. Every now and then i love having them. Last evening i prepared some Crispy Potato and cauliflower chilly item. I was in total love with this crispy fritters. This recipe has been adapted from the famous Indian chef Harpal Singh Sokhi's show at Sanjeev kapoors Khana khazana.
I hope you like them too .
This serves -4
Preparation time- 5 minutes
Cooking time- 10 to 15 minutes
Level of difficulty- easy.
- Cauliflower- cut into florets
- Potato - 2 , sliced
- Oil for cooking
For the batter
- All purpose flour- 3 Tbsp
- Corn flour - 1 Tbsp
- Ginger and garlic minced- 1 Tbsp
- Red chilly paste- 1 Tsp or red chilly sauce
- Salt as per taste
- Oil - 1 Tsp
- Soy sauce - 1 Tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Freshly crushed Pepper
- Sugar - 1 Tsp
- Chaat masala (mango powder)(sour)- 1 Tsp
- Honey chilli dip.
- Prepare the batter by adding all the ingredients and then whip it up with water to make thin paste.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying at medium to high.
- Now take each floret at a time and then first dip it in the batter and then place it in the hot oil. Do not place many at a time . Once the florets turn golden brown in colour take them out in a kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process until you are done with all the florets. Repeat the same process with the Potato wedges.
- At last sprinkle chaat masala over the fried florets and potato wedges.
Serve hot with honey chilli dip.
Enjoy!!!! and Happy cooking :-)
By- Sushmita Pandit.