At times am extremely lazy in the morning and often end up skipping my breakfast. Sometimes i even do not fill like boiling milk or egg , these are times when i just want to relax and would not leave my couch at any cost. For such occasion i crave for a slice of cake. Oh gosh! i love cake and nothing can give a better start to a lazy morning than a fruit cake. Further, this cake always has a better chance to switch your lazy overly relaxed morning into so called Yactive Day!!!.
In India i always used to have the Packed cake, like Britania Marie Cake which came into variety of flavors. Since the time i left India i have been missing my type of Cake :-( Until recently when i discovered that i can bake one myself. :-) Tidddinggg .
I have baked a large cake to keep a check on my breakfast.I just do not want it to go void any more. Here's sharing you the recipe of the Tutty fruity cake.
Preparation- 30 minutes
Cooking time- 20 to 25 minutes.
Level of difficulty- Medium
- All purpose flour- 225 gms
- Sugar- 250 gms
- Butter- 250 gms
- Eggs- 5
- Vanilla essence- 2 Tsp
- Baking powder- 1 Tsp
- Baking soda- 1 Tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Tutty fruity- 1/2 cup
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a mixing bowl, bring together butter and sugar, whip until a smooth paste appears.
- Add eggs one by one and whip the mixture with each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence and salt.
- Now incorporate the flour little by little in the batter and blend until a smooth dough is formed.
- If you find your dough to be too tight loosen it by adding 1 to 2 tablespoon of milk in it.
- Add half the amount of tuty fruity in the batter. Give it a fold once.
Preheat your oven at 180 Degree
Line your baking tray with parchment paper or butter paper
Fill the baking tray only to 2/3rd of its height. You can transfer the rest of the batter into another baking tray. On the top of the Batter sprinkle the remaining tutty fruity.
Now bake your cake at 160 degree C for 20 to 25 minutes. After 20 minutes of Baking you can check your cake if it is done by inserting a tooth pick, if it comes out clean, your cake is ready. Take out and let it cool on the wire racks.
Slice and enjoy the tuty fruity Cake. :-)
Inspired from the Recipe of Sanjeev Kapoor khana khazana cook books.
By- Sushmita Pandit