I have been hunting for some other ways to prepare the flavored rice other than the regular biryani and fried rice. This led me to search for some east Asian food and to my luck i found this really awesome recipe. This is basically served with chicken or a combination of sauce but i gave it a twist and served it with cauliflower Manchurian. This rice goes perfect with any spicy curry or veggies or any meat.
Preparation- 2 minutes
Cooking - 10 minutes
Total time- 12 minutes
Level of difficulty- Easy
- Jasmine rice or pooni rice- 250g
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Shallots- 2 small in size,chopped
- Chicken stock- 350 ml
- Butter- 1Tbsp
- Heat a rice cooker.
- Add the butter.
- Now add the shallots
- Fry until translucent.
- Add the washed rice and fry.
- Now add the garlic and ginger.
- Add salt and chicken stock.
- Cover the pressure cooker and in low heat, wait for four whistles.
- Turn off the heat after fourth whistle.
That's it , your Hainanese Rice is absolutely ready to be served. Serve it hot with Chicken , mutton, or any curry of your choice.
Happy Cooking. :-)
Wanna know how to cook Gobi Manchurian- Click here