This is a quick and very easy chicken curry. It doesn't take much of the ingredients and gets done in no time.
- Chicken with curry cut- 800 g
- Onion - 2 large, sliced thinly
- Green chillies- 2
- Mix of whole spices(2 cloves, 1 inch cinnamom, 2 green cardamom, 1 bay leaf, 5 pepper cons, a pinch of shahi zeera or cumin seeds-1 tsp)
- Garlic- 1/2 bulb, chopped
- Ginger- 1 inch, chopped
- Coriander powder- 1 Tbsp
- Cumin powder- 1Tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 Tsp
- Pepper powder- 1 Tsp
- Tomato -1 large, chopped
- Oil- 2 Tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Once the oil is nice and hot add the whole spices.
- Now add the green chillies and onion. Saute until onion turns translucent.
- Add the chicken ginger and garlic. Fry for around 5 minutes.
- Now add the powdered spices , salt and fry until oil starts oozing out.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry until tomatoes are done.
- Fry for around next 5 minutes in low heat. Frying adds more flavour to the chicken curry.
- Finally add 1 cup of water and let it simmer for 5 minutes in low heat until you achieve the desired amount of gravy.
- Turn off the heat and then sprinkle freshly chopped coriander.
By- Sushmita pandit