|Macaroni Cheese Au Gratin|
Am fond of macaroni. The first time i tasted the spicy macaroni prepared by my friend. It was awesome What i liked about it ,is its simplicity, the ease with which it easily gets blended with anything.
I had been preparing the masala macaroni for long, but it was only this year i learnt how to do it "Au-Gratin". I loved the cheese and the bechamel sauce combination. These casserole recipe is quite filling.
This recipe will serve- 4
Preparation time- 10 minutes
Cooking time- 30 minutes
- Macaroni- 250 gms(Boil until al-dante )
- Cheese- 100 gms(combination of whatever variety you like)
- All purpose flour- 1 Tbsp
- Butter- 1 Tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Paprika powder- 1 Tsp
- Pepper- Freshly crushed- 1 Tsp
- Milk- 300 ml
- Cheese- 100gms
- Herbs of your choice
- Cherry Tomato-4 (optional)
Method of Preaparation
- Boil 1 ltr of water in a pan and place Macaroni with little salt and oil. Boil until al dante.
- For preparing Bechamal Sauce Heat butter in a pan, Add the flour and fry until slight brown in colour. To this add salt , Paprika and Pepper. Now add the milk and let it come to boil. Once it comes to boil add 100gms of cheese. Stir until cheese melts and gets blended well in the milk. Turn off the heat. Your Bechamal sauce is ready.
- Preheat the oven at 220F for 5 minutes.
- Quickly Layer the baking tray with a layer of macaroni, Pour in half of the Bechamal sauce. Layer out rest of the macaroni and again pour the rest of the bechamal sauce. Now at the top, layer it with rest of the cheese and tomato. Sprinkle herbs of your choice.
- Now at the bottom most area of your oven place the tray and bake it at 220F for 10 minutes. After that for 5 minutes grill it until you see a golden crust at the top of your baking tray.
- Take out of oven and serve it hot.
Your Mac cheese is absoultely ready to be served. Enjoy :-) Happy Cooking.
By -Sushmita Pandit.