This is an amazing garlic chicken recipe. The dish always came out with bright colors and mouth watering taste. Its an awesome style of baking chicken specially when you have not much time to cook and also when you want to use minimal spices and ingredients in your food. There's more to this, yes we get baked potatoes and onions free with the chicken all cooked in masaledar juices of chicken, onion, garlic, butter and few spices. So lets get started
- Serves- 4
- Preparation time- 10 minutes
- cooking time- 20-25 minutes
- Chicken - Whole (800-900 gms skin intact) or 4 leg pieces with thigh(skin intact)
- Butter- 100 gms
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 Tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- lemon- 1
- Rosemary and other herbs of your choice
- Pepper- freshly grounded
- Cuury powder or curry paste- 1 Tsp
- Potatoes- 4, sliced into quarters
- Onion- 2 large size, sliced thickly
Method of Preparation:
- Clean the chicken and pat dry with towel
- In a bowl take the butter(soft not melted), add the ginger garlic paste, pepper, salt,Lime juice, rosemary and other herbs. Mix together and come up with a paste like consistency.
- Rub this butter paste every where in the chicken. Place the paste inside the skin of the chicken, this will help chicken to absorb the flavors of spices and will keep it moist.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius or 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease the baking tray with butter
- Cover the base of the tray with onion slices and potato wedges, season with salt and pepper
- Now place the chicken over the onion and potatoes.
- Cook it for 10 mins, take out and grease it with the juices that are released in the bottom of the tray.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, check by poking a fork inside the skin near the leg, if it goes in easily and juices come out of chicken, it means your chicken is ready .
- Let the chicken sit for 10 mins before you serve it.
By- sushmita pandit
Wanna know how tomake kabab: http://wahsushkitchen.blogspot.in/2011/09/chicken-kabab.html